Monday, July 21, 2008

Neil!

So Christy and I were able to go to another concert we normally would not have bought tickets for...Neil Diamond. The only thing I knew about Neil Diamond was his song "Coming to America" and that Will Ferrell had played him on occasion. We went with Olaf and Amy (Christy's roommate and her fiance) and Heather and Charlie. It only took about 4 songs and Olaf and I were ready to go. It was definitely a crowd that we weren't a part of (we did not have elbow patches on our coats). Olaf did provide a bit of humor throughout though. The 3rd song in, Neil, who is very much an old school performer, said, "I'm lonely here up on the stage, without you up here" (or something to that affect) and then proceeded to say "I'm here tonight...to make love to you..." At that moment Olaf immediately stands up and leaves. Good stuff. I would not give you a video to watch of Neil, because that's just wrong and a little like making your GF watch Sanford and Son with you, so here's Ferrell doing Neil in a quick clip.




3 comments:

csusi said...

by permission of the host, i present this.

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/will-ferrell-as-neil-diamond/3336102856

jer said...

We comin to America...I love Neil. Seriously. I love him.

Anonymous said...

Precious