Monday, July 14, 2008

Man Weekend

So this weekend was Man Weekend. Women love to laugh when I tell them I'm going to "Man Weekend," but that's what it is. Mark is the ringleader who got 6 of us together to go up to Duluth and hang out for the weekend. It was a whole lot of fun. We went camping on Saturday afternoon but left early after it rained on us for a few hours. The best was when one of the fellas put this huge log into the nearby small river and rode it down the river holding on for dear life (it wasn't that dangerous). It was amazingly funny. All of the guys there called me Big Lanny since they knew Lan from the last man weekend. They also called me Big Robbie, Little Lanny, and by the end I had to answer to simply Lanny. We returned early on Sunday and I was able to catch the end of Christy's United Way sponsored event "Live United." The band The Last Goodnight was playing (song "Pictures of You"), and Christy got to know the lead singer because of PR stuff. We almost threw down when he reached to give her a hug, jk, but seriously...


No comments: