Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Apples, apples, who wants some apples?

Thank you Kristi for that catchy title.


Our internet has been down at home so I wasn't able to post this weekend. I could have made a special coffee shop trip or something, but, well I didn't. So we begin again.

I just wanted to talk about macs for a sec. At my work I support PCs and Macs. In the last few years, I have purchased maybe 15 new PCs and there have been maybe 3 mac purchases. I support roughly 70 PCs and 8 macs. Guess how many times I've had to get the PC parts fixed? (bad screen, CD-ROM, memory, hard drive crashed, etc). I would say maybe 2? I believe the same number applies to the macs.

Macs are not immune from having failing pieces! In fact, from my experience, they are more likely to!

Yesterday I spend over an hour replacing a CD-ROM on a MacBook, over an hour! On a PC it takes 2 minutes. Unreal. An employee here had her personal macbook hard drive crash after 4 months I believe, everything lost. I just wanted to let everyone know that macs are not perfect, they are not amazing. If you are going to buy one, buy as much Applecare as you can!

That being said, Christy and my next computer will probably be a Mac.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, these two Cape's think alike. I was sitting here the other day thinking how much I don't like Apple, and then I saw one of the iPod Touch commercials. Holy crap, I want one of those!
You're welcome for the title by the way. 10-year-old Kris is always willing to help!

csusi said...

bust'em bobbie.

love it.

just bought a new dell studio with vista on it. love it. its got these sticky note things for an application that you can make notes on and keep them on your desktop. whew!

step ya game up crapple.

my name is chris susi and im a PC.