Monday, May 11, 2009

Forever

I was just listening to Shane and Shane's I Miss You, and was thinking on the words:

"Oh, I miss You so
The feel of forever
Oh, that taste I know
It hurts to remember"

Do you know what it's like to feel "forever?" Or maybe it helps to think of the idea of feeling like you are in forever? It's very different than your day to day feeling (even though the idea of a believer is to live in the "forever" world consistently). Life is different when you're viewing things through a worldview of eternality (I made up that word). Petty things don't matter as much. Your idea of who God truly is begins to expand and the idea of God having a will and a purpose makes a little more sense. Creation seems to be a little more beautiful and people begin to gain meaning again.

Sometimes it's painful to look back on what you have "lost," especially spiritually. But I always take heart in this: not everyone is able to look back and recognize it. That is the first step, so take joy that you've made it that far. Now you have to take the second step on your own, seeking God for the forever more than the now.




No comments: